Whether it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are all the time functional is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing units that will surely burn out with time and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re quite likely on the website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re worried about how to change your Nissan Pathfinder’s license plate bulb, we’ve made this content to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your technician. Firstly, we will look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Nissan Pathfinder.
How to swap the license plate bulb on your Nissan Pathfinder throughout the outside
This approach is the simplest of the two, actually, for this one you will just need to remove the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will take some time on in the second section of this content to clarify the way.
So let’s begin with replacing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Nissan Pathfinder. Whether it’s the front or the back of your car the process will be the same.
Here are a few simple guidelines to follow to conduct this service:
- With the engine turned off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch supplied for this purpose (in most cases on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Nissan Pathfinder
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its location, in the event you are scared of breaking a thing, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and verify the light to confirm the achievement of the operation.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Nissan Pathfinder without outside access
Second section of our article, replace this license plate bulb on your Nissan Pathfinder without external access. Generally you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to swap the front license plate bulb on my Nissan Pathfinder
To swap the one on the front plate, nothing could be less difficult, you will have to put yourself under the car (ideally put on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, in most cases held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then right after you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take off the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be mindful not to put in too much force otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will only have to remove the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then test out and reassemble the whole thing.
How to swap the rear license plate bulb on my Nissan Pathfinder
Finally last option, you must swap the bulb on the backplate of your Nissan Pathfinder, but you cannot really open the cover from the outside of your car. In such a case, here is the technique to carry out this task:
- Unplug the battery from your Nissan Pathfinder
- Locate the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once found, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for less difficult access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Nissan Pathfinder, verify it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have found out the main approaches for replacing license plate bulbs on your car, be aware that on some models the technique may be a bit different but you should be able to realize it following the outline of this content. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your garage it would be a shame to break a part of your Nissan Pathfinder. If you need to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Nissan Pathfinder or the low beam bulbs on Nissan Pathfinder, don’t hesitate to browse our content articles which demonstrate you the procedure to follow.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Nissan Pathfinder, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Pathfinder category.