Regardless whether it’s for your own personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is fundamental. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly on the website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re worried about how to change your Chevrolet Corvette’s license plate bulb, we’ve written this content to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your auto technician. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Chevrolet Corvette.
How to change the license plate bulb on your Chevrolet Corvette through the outside
This tactic is the fastest of the two, in truth, for this one you will simply need to take away the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will dedicate some time on in the second section of this article to show you the way.
So let’s start with swapping the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Chevrolet Corvette. Regardless whether it’s the front or the back of your vehicle the method will be the same.
Here are a few simple steps to stick to to carry out this maintenance tasks:
- With the engine off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch assigned for this purpose (commonly on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Chevrolet Corvette
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its place, if you are worried of breaking a thing, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last stage, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to validate the success of the procedure.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Chevrolet Corvette without outside access
Second section of our content page, swap this license plate bulb on your Chevrolet Corvette without external access. Most often you will be able to access it, but some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to change the front license plate bulb on my Chevrolet Corvette
To change the one on the front plate, nothing could be simpler, you will have to position yourself under the vehicle (preferably positioned on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, commonly kept by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then now that you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take out the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take care not to exert too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to take away the burnt-out license plate bulb and swap it with the new , then test out and reassemble the whole thing.
How to change the rear license plate bulb on my Chevrolet Corvette
Finally last possibility, you must change the bulb on the backplate of your Chevrolet Corvette, but you are not able to open the cover from the outside of your vehicle. In this case, here is the approach to perform this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Chevrolet Corvette
- Identify the spot of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, kept by clips, you will have to lever carefully on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once established, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for much easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Chevrolet Corvette, check it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main methods for swapping license plate bulbs on your car, be aware that on some models the technique may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the outline of this content. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your garage area it would be a shame to break a part of your Chevrolet Corvette. If you want to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Chevrolet Corvette or the low beam bulbs on Chevrolet Corvette, don’t hesitate to read our articles which demonstrate you the process to follow.
To discover more tips on the Chevrolet Corvette, take a look at the Chevrolet Corvette category.