It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out over the years and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re most certainly here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volvo XC60, we’ve made this document to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volvo XC60 and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Volvo XC60 is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the safety equipments of your Volvo XC60. In fact, you are often times in a hurry and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a consequence relevant to take the time to sometimes verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volvo XC60, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple methods to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volvo XC60, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and verify which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our blog posts to help you to accomplish this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Volvo XC60
Now let’s go to the most important section of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volvo XC60? Take note that this operation is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volvo XC60. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific document. However, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to conduct this act properly dependant on the approach you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Volvo XC60 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volvo XC60 by the new one (be sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volvo XC60 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Volvo XC60 following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volvo XC60 through the wheel arch:
This procedure is particularly useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volvo XC60 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will detail them right now:
If you need more tutorials on the Volvo XC60, go to our Volvo XC60 category.