Regardless for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re quite likely on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Kia Niro, we’ve created this content page to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Kia Niro and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Niro is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the safety features of your Kia Niro. In fact, you are in general in a hurry and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a consequence essential to take the time to in some cases verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Kia Niro, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple ways to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Kia Niro, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to accomplish this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Niro
Now let’s go to the most important part of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Niro? You should be aware that this process is very simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Kia Niro. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content page. On the other hand, here are the details of the actions to stick to to be able to carry out this action properly dependant on the technique you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Kia Niro through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Kia Niro by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Kia Niro on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Kia Niro following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Niro through the wheel arch:
This technique is extremely practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Niro through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will detail them right now:
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Kia Niro, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Niro category.