Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out over the years and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Audi A6, we’ve written and published this content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Audi A6 and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Audi A6 is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the safety components of your Audi A6. In fact, you are most likely in a hurry and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a consequence important to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Audi A6, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Audi A6, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first methodology shown previously.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our articles to help you to perform this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Audi A6
Now let’s go to the most important step of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Audi A6? Please be aware that this process is quite simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Audi A6. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content. On the other hand, here are the details of the steps to follow to be able to carry out this act correctly depending on the approach you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Audi A6 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Audi A6 by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Audi A6 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take off your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Audi A6 following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Audi A6 through the wheel arch:
This tactic is particularly practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Audi A6 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will point them right now:
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Audi A6, do not hesitate to consult our Audi A6 category.