It doesn’t matter if for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always working is important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out over the years and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re perhaps on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Jetta, we’ve created this article to help you do it without help and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Jetta and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Jetta is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to verify all the safety components of your Volkswagen Jetta. In fact, you are often times in a hurry and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is therefore essential to take the time to once in a while verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Jetta, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple solutions to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen Jetta, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and examine which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first methodology shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our articles to help you to complete this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Jetta
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta? Take note that this process is quite easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. On the other hand, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to perform this action accurately depending on the strategy you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Jetta through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta by the new one (ensure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volkswagen Jetta on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take away your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta through the wheel arch:
This approach is specially useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Jetta through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them right now:
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Jetta, take a look at the Volkswagen Jetta category.