It doesn’t matter if for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out after some time and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Cobalt, we’ve created this document to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first section, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cobalt and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cobalt is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to examine all the safety components of your Chevrolet Cobalt. In fact, you are mostly in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is consequently relevant to take the time to in some cases examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Cobalt, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple ways to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chevrolet Cobalt, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check out which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first methodology shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles to help you to carry out this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cobalt
Now let’s go to the main section of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Cobalt? Take note that this procedure is really easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Cobalt. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. On the other hand, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to perform this action accurately dependant on the solution you wish to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Cobalt through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chevrolet Cobalt by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chevrolet Cobalt on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Chevrolet Cobalt following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Cobalt through the wheel arch:
This technique is especially valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Cobalt through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them now:
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Chevrolet Cobalt, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Cobalt category.