Regardless for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out with time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re likely in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Focus, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first step, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Focus and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Focus is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to check all the security features of your Ford Focus. In reality, you are most likely in a rush and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is therefore fundamental to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Focus, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple options to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Focus, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first methodology shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our blog posts to help you to achieve this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Focus
Now let’s go to the most essential step of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Focus? Please be aware that this procedure is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Focus. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. On the other hand, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to in order to accomplish this act correctly according to the strategy you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Ford Focus through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Focus by the new one (ensure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Focus on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take away your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Focus following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Focus through the wheel arch:
This approach is in particular valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Focus through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will explain them right now:
If you have any further questions about the Ford Focus, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Focus category.