Regardless for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always operational is important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out in the future and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re probably in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volkswagen CC, we’ve written this document to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first part, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen CC and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen CC is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to check all the security features of your Volkswagen CC. In reality, you are often times in a rush and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is consequently important to take the time to once in a while check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volkswagen CC, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple techniques to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen CC, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first process shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to perform this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen CC
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen CC? Please note that this task is really easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen CC. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to follow in order to conduct this act efficiently dependant on the method you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen CC through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volkswagen CC by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volkswagen CC on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take off your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Volkswagen CC following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen CC through the wheel arch:
This solution is especially effective when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen CC through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will point them right now:
To discover more tips on the Volkswagen CC, take a look at the Volkswagen CC category.