It doesn’t matter if for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out as time passes and consequently need to be changed. You’re likely here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Toyota Avalon, we’ve made this content page to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Avalon and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Avalon is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the safety equipments of your Toyota Avalon. Indeed, you are most of the time in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a result relevant to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Toyota Avalon, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple options to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Toyota Avalon, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first solution shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to achieve this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Avalon
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Avalon? Please note that this technique is really easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Avalon. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content page. Nevertheless, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to perform this act correctly according to the strategy you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Avalon through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Toyota Avalon by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Toyota Avalon on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take off your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Toyota Avalon following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Avalon through the wheel arch:
This technique is extremely useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Avalon through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them now:
To find more tips on the Toyota Avalon, take a look at the Toyota Avalon category.