Regardless for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after awhile and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Subaru Legacy, we’ve made this content to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your technician. In a first part, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Subaru Legacy and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Subaru Legacy is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the safety components of your Subaru Legacy. Indeed, you are frequently in a hurry and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a consequence fundamental to take the time to once in a while check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Subaru Legacy, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple methods to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Subaru Legacy, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our blog posts to help you to achieve this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Subaru Legacy
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Subaru Legacy? Please note that this technique is quite simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Subaru Legacy. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content. However, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to perform this action correctly dependant on the strategy you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Subaru Legacy through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Subaru Legacy by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Subaru Legacy on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Subaru Legacy following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Subaru Legacy through the wheel arch:
This procedure is in particular valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Subaru Legacy through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will explain them now:
If you want more tutorials on the Subaru Legacy, go to our Subaru Legacy category.