Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out with time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re perhaps on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Lexus IS, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your technician. In a first step, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Lexus IS and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Lexus IS is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the safety components of your Lexus IS. Indeed, you are nearly always in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a result essential to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Lexus IS, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Lexus IS, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first process shown previously.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our blog posts to help you to conduct this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Lexus IS
Now let’s go to the most essential step of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Lexus IS? You should be aware that this task is really easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Lexus IS. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to accomplish this act properly according to the technique you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Lexus IS through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Lexus IS by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Lexus IS on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Lexus IS following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Lexus IS through the wheel arch:
This solution is specially useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Lexus IS through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Lexus IS, do not hesitate to consult our Lexus IS category.