It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out after awhile and as a result need to be replaced. You’re most likely on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Peugeot 208, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Peugeot 208 and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Peugeot 208 is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the opportunity to examine all the safety equipments of your Peugeot 208. Indeed, you are nearly always in a hurry and tend to enter into your car, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a result fundamental to take the time to once in a while examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Peugeot 208, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple techniques to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Peugeot 208, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and examine which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our content articles to help you to accomplish this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Peugeot 208
Now let’s go to the most important section of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Peugeot 208? You should be aware that this task is fairly simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Peugeot 208. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. On the other hand, here are the details of the steps to stick to in order to perform this action efficiently depending on the strategy you want to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Peugeot 208 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Peugeot 208 by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Peugeot 208 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Peugeot 208 following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Peugeot 208 through the wheel arch:
This methodology is in particular practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Peugeot 208 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will describe them now:
If you need more guides on the Peugeot 208, go to our Peugeot 208 category.