It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functional is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out with time and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re probably on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Nissan Leaf, we’ve written this article content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Leaf and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Leaf is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the safety components of your Nissan Leaf. In reality, you are in many cases in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a consequence essential to take the time to sometimes check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Nissan Leaf, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple ways to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Nissan Leaf, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to perform this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Leaf
Now let’s go to the main step of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Leaf? You should be aware that this technique is uncomplicated, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Leaf. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. However, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to execute this act correctly dependant on the solution you desire to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Leaf through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Nissan Leaf by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Nissan Leaf on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Remove your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Nissan Leaf following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Leaf through the wheel arch:
This procedure is specially practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Leaf through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will describe them now:
If you want more guides on the Nissan Leaf, go to our Nissan Leaf category.