Regardless whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always operational is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out over time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mitsubishi Mirage, we’ve made this article to help you do it alone and not have to go to your technician. In a first step, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Mirage and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Mirage is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to examine all the security features of your Mitsubishi Mirage. Indeed, you are in general in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a result essential to take the time to in some cases examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mitsubishi Mirage, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple methods to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mitsubishi Mirage, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first solution shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our blog posts to help you to achieve this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Mirage
Now let’s go to the main step of this article, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Mirage? Please note that this task is uncomplicated, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Mirage. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to execute this act properly according to the solution you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Mirage through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mitsubishi Mirage by the new one (ensure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mitsubishi Mirage on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take off your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Mitsubishi Mirage following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Mirage through the wheel arch:
This tactic is in particular practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Mirage through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them right now:
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Mitsubishi Mirage, do not hesitate to consult our Mitsubishi Mirage category.