Whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always working is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out in the future and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mazda 6, we’ve created this content page to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first section, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mazda 6 and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Mazda 6 is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Mazda 6. In fact, you are often in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is therefore crucial to take the time to occasionally check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mazda 6, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple solutions to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible sign on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mazda 6, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and examine which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first solution shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our articles to help you to accomplish this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Mazda 6
Now let’s go to the most essential section of this content page, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Mazda 6? You should be aware that this operation is really easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mazda 6. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content page. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to follow in order to perform this action accurately dependant on the strategy you want to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Mazda 6 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mazda 6 by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mazda 6 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take away your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Mazda 6 following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mazda 6 through the wheel arch:
This methodology is particularly practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mazda 6 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will point them right now:
To find more tips on the Mazda 6, take a look at the Mazda 6 category.