Regardless for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functional is necessary. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after some time and therefore need to be changed. You’re probably on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Colorado, we’ve written this article to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Colorado and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Colorado is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the safety components of your Chevrolet Colorado. In reality, you are mostly in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore important to take the time to sometimes check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Colorado, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple techniques to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chevrolet Colorado, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first methodology shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our blog posts to help you to do this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Colorado
Now let’s go to the main section of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Colorado? Please be aware that this procedure is fairly simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Colorado. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to follow to be able to accomplish this act correctly depending on the approach you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Colorado through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chevrolet Colorado by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chevrolet Colorado on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Chevrolet Colorado following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Colorado through the wheel arch:
This tactic is extremely effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Colorado through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will detail them now:
If you want more tutorials on the Chevrolet Colorado, go to our Chevrolet Colorado category.