It doesn’t matter if for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after some time and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re quite likely on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Kia Optima, we’ve made this article to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Kia Optima and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Optima is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the safety equipments of your Kia Optima. In reality, you are frequently in a rush and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is consequently fundamental to take the time to occasionally examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Kia Optima, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple options to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indicator on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Kia Optima, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check out which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first process shown previously.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our content articles to help you to accomplish this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Optima
Now let’s go to the most important step of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Optima? You should be aware that this procedure is uncomplicated, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Kia Optima. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article. However, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to carry out this act properly according to the strategy you want to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Kia Optima through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Kia Optima by the new one (ensure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Kia Optima on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Kia Optima following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Optima through the wheel arch:
This methodology is particularly valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Optima through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them now:
If you need more tutorials on the Kia Optima, go to our Kia Optima category.