Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after some time and therefore need to be changed. You’re most certainly on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Jeep Renegade, we’ve made this article content to help you do it without help and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first part, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Renegade and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Renegade is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the safety components of your Jeep Renegade. In reality, you are mostly in a rush and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore fundamental to take the time to sometimes verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Jeep Renegade, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple options to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Jeep Renegade, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our content articles to help you to carry out this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Renegade
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Renegade? You should be aware that this procedure is really easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Renegade. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to follow to be able to conduct this action properly dependant on the strategy you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Renegade through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Jeep Renegade by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Jeep Renegade on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Jeep Renegade following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Renegade through the wheel arch:
This technique is extremely practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Renegade through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
To get more tips on the Jeep Renegade, take a look at the Jeep Renegade category.