Regardless whether for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after awhile and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re most likely here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ram ProMaster, we’ve written and published this article content to help you do it without help and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first section, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the security components of your Ram ProMaster. In reality, you are frequently in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is consequently fundamental to take the time to sometimes verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ram ProMaster, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible signal on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ram ProMaster, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and verify which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first process shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to achieve this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster
Now let’s go to the most essential section of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ram ProMaster? Take note that this procedure is really easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ram ProMaster. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. However, here are the details of the actions to stick to to be able to conduct this action efficiently depending on the method you want to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Ram ProMaster through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ram ProMaster by the new one (be sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ram ProMaster on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Ram ProMaster following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ram ProMaster through the wheel arch:
This approach is specifically practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ram ProMaster through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them now:
To discover more tips on the Ram ProMaster, take a look at the Ram ProMaster category.