It doesn’t matter if for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out after some time and as a result need to be replaced. You’re probably here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Jeep Liberty, we’ve created this content page to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Liberty and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Liberty is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the security equipments of your Jeep Liberty. Indeed, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is consequently relevant to take the time to sometimes verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Jeep Liberty, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple ways to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Jeep Liberty, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first methodology shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our blog posts to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Liberty
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this content page, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Liberty? You should be aware that this operation is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Liberty. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content page. However, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to to be able to execute this action accurately dependant on the technique you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Liberty through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Jeep Liberty by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Jeep Liberty on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Jeep Liberty following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Liberty through the wheel arch:
This tactic is in particular useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Liberty through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them right now:
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Jeep Liberty, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Liberty category.