Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is necessary. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out after awhile and therefore need to be changed. You’re most certainly on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Jaguar XE, we’ve created this content to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first section, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Jaguar XE and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Jaguar XE is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to check all the security features of your Jaguar XE. Indeed, you are in general in a hurry and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a consequence important to take the time to once in a while check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Jaguar XE, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Jaguar XE, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first technique shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to carry out this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Jaguar XE
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Jaguar XE? Please be aware that this task is uncomplicated, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Jaguar XE. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to to be able to accomplish this act efficiently dependant on the technique you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Jaguar XE through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Jaguar XE by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Jaguar XE on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Jaguar XE following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Jaguar XE through the wheel arch:
This tactic is extremely valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Jaguar XE through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will describe them now:
If you have any additional questions about the Jaguar XE, do not hesitate to consult our Jaguar XE category.