It doesn’t matter if for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after awhile and therefore need to be replaced. You’re likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Fiesta, we’ve created this article content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first section, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Fiesta and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Fiesta is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to verify all the security equipments of your Ford Fiesta. Indeed, you are frequently in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is therefore important to take the time to sometimes verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Fiesta, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple techniques to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Fiesta, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and examine which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles to help you to carry out this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Fiesta
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Fiesta? Please note that this procedure is really easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Fiesta. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article content. However, here are the details of the guidelines to follow to be able to perform this act correctly depending on the technique you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Ford Fiesta through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Fiesta by the new one (be sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Fiesta on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take off your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Fiesta following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Fiesta through the wheel arch:
This technique is especially useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Fiesta through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will explain them right now:
Whenever you have any further questions about the Ford Fiesta, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Fiesta category.