Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after a while and therefore need to be replaced. You’re most likely on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Honda Odyssey, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Honda Odyssey and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Honda Odyssey is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the opportunity to examine all the safety features of your Honda Odyssey. Indeed, you are most of the time in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore important to take the time to in some cases examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Honda Odyssey, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple ways to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Honda Odyssey, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first methodology shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our blog posts to help you to accomplish this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Honda Odyssey
Now let’s go to the main section of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Odyssey? You should be aware that this task is fairly simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Honda Odyssey. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content page. However, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to execute this act correctly depending on the solution you desire to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Honda Odyssey through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Honda Odyssey by the new one (make sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Honda Odyssey on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Honda Odyssey following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Odyssey through the wheel arch:
This process is specially useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Odyssey through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will explain them now:
To discover more tips on the Honda Odyssey, take a look at the Honda Odyssey category.