Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out over the years and as a result need to be changed. You’re perhaps on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Escape, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Escape and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Escape is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the opportunity to verify all the safety equipments of your Ford Escape. In reality, you are in general in a hurry and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a consequence essential to take the time to once in a while verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Escape, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple ways to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indicator on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Escape, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our blog posts to help you to conduct this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Escape
Now let’s go to the most important section of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Escape? Please be aware that this procedure is fairly simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Escape. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content page. However, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to execute this action efficiently dependant on the method you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Ford Escape through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Escape by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Escape on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take off your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Escape following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Escape through the wheel arch:
This approach is specially valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Escape through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them right now:
If you want more tutorials on the Ford Escape, go to our Ford Escape category.