Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however also go through the disadvantages. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Ford Escape, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will inevitably effect the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to find the turn signal fuse on your Ford Escape. To get this done, first, we will find out in which scenarios it may be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Ford Escape, then where is the turn signal fuse on Ford Escape .
Why change blinker fuses on Ford Escape?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Ford Escape by the benefit of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Ford Escape anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford Escape . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Ford Escape when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Ford Escape?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Ford Escape is. The turn indicators are linked to several electronic components and there may be several fuses linked to it on your motor vehicle based on the year and options it has. On the other hand, furthermore to the fuses, there is also a relay that handles the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you find the fuse and turn signal relay on your Ford Escape .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Ford Escape
We will first look into the internal fuses of your Ford Escape’s turn signs. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Ford Escape.
- Go through the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the turn signal fuse(s) of your Ford Escape , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Ford Escape
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Ford Escape, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford Escape, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Ford Escape, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Escape category.