It doesn’t matter if for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out over the years and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Edge, we’ve created this article content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Edge and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Edge is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the opportunity to examine all the security components of your Ford Edge. Indeed, you are in general in a hurry and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a consequence essential to take the time to in some cases examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Edge, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple ways to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Edge, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles to help you to achieve this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Edge
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Edge? Please note that this operation is really easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Edge. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article content. On the other hand, here are the details of the actions to follow to be able to accomplish this act accurately depending on the solution you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Ford Edge through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Edge by the new one (be sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Edge on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Edge following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Edge through the wheel arch:
This solution is specifically valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Edge through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
If you need more tutorials on the Ford Edge, go to our Ford Edge category.