Regardless whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out in the future and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re likely here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford C Max, we’ve written this article to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford C Max and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford C Max is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the security components of your Ford C Max. In fact, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a result fundamental to take the time to occasionally verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford C Max, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple ways to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford C Max, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and verify which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first process shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to perform this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford C Max
Now let’s go to the most important part of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford C Max? Please note that this process is quite simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford C Max. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article. On the other hand, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to perform this action accurately according to the technique you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Ford C Max through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford C Max by the new one (ensure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford C Max on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take off your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford C Max following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford C Max through the wheel arch:
This process is specifically valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford C Max through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will point them right now:
To find more tips on the Ford C Max, take a look at the Ford C Max category.