Regardless whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out over the years and therefore need to be changed. You’re most likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Dodge Grand Caravan, we’ve created this article content to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Grand Caravan and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Grand Caravan is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to verify all the security components of your Dodge Grand Caravan. Indeed, you are often in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a result crucial to take the time to occasionally verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Dodge Grand Caravan, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Dodge Grand Caravan, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first solution shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our articles to help you to conduct this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Grand Caravan
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Grand Caravan? Please be aware that this procedure is quite easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Grand Caravan. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article content. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to to be able to perform this act correctly according to the method you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Grand Caravan through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Dodge Grand Caravan by the new one (be sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Dodge Grand Caravan on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Remove your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Dodge Grand Caravan following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Grand Caravan through the wheel arch:
This process is extremely useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Grand Caravan through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them right now:
If you want more tutorials on the Dodge Grand Caravan, go to our Dodge Grand Caravan category.