Regardless whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out in the future and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Dodge Durango, we’ve written and published this article content to help you do it without help and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first section, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Durango and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Durango is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to examine all the security equipments of your Dodge Durango. In fact, you are most of the time in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result fundamental to take the time to in some cases examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Dodge Durango, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple options to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Dodge Durango, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first solution shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our content articles to help you to achieve this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Durango
Now let’s go to the main section of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Durango? Please note that this procedure is quite simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Durango. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article content. On the other hand, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to execute this act properly according to the method you desire to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Durango through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Dodge Durango by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Dodge Durango on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Remove your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Dodge Durango following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Durango through the wheel arch:
This procedure is particularly practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Durango through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will detail them now:
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Dodge Durango, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Durango category.