Regardless it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re most likely in this article because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of my Dodge Durango parking light, we’ve created this content to help you do this process without any help and not need to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will look into changing the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second section, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Dodge Durango?
We will start this document with changing the front daytime running light bulb of your Dodge Durango, be aware that according to the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same methodology to use. In fact, even if the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less difficult depending on the features of your car.
First methodology, we will accomplish the bulb swap of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Dodge Durango. Although this method is the most simple, it is not assured that you will be able to do it on your automobile without encumbrance. In fact, depending on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this manner. Here are the two distinct solutions to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Dodge Durango:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First strategy, you will only go through the bonnet of your automobile to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most rational process but it is not always easy to achieve, sometimes because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To get this done, here are the steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Dodge Durango. You may possibly need to take out the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take out the bulb socket from its position. To get this done, pull carefully on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last now that the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once done, reassemble the system, reconnect your battery and do a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your Dodge Durango in cases where the access through the engine block seems too complicated. To accomplish this, you just have to open your bonnet, take out the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take out the headlight in question. Once these actions are achieved you will simply have to stick to the same method as on the previous part to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Dodge Durango
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Dodge Durango
To finish , if you need to swap the rear parking light bulb of your Dodge Durango the process is much simpler, here are the different actions to stick to to allow you to swap this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are operating correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Dodge Durango, please browse our specific article content to learn how to do it.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Dodge Durango, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Durango category.