Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always working is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out in the future and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Volt, we’ve written this content to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first section, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Volt and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Volt is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to verify all the safety features of your Chevrolet Volt. In fact, you are mostly in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is consequently fundamental to take the time to sometimes verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Volt, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple ways to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible sign on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chevrolet Volt, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first process shown previously.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our content articles to help you to carry out this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Volt
Now let’s go to the main section of this content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Volt? You should be aware that this procedure is uncomplicated, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Volt. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content. On the other hand, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to carry out this action accurately depending on the approach you desire to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Volt through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chevrolet Volt by the new one (ensure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chevrolet Volt on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take off your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Chevrolet Volt following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Volt through the wheel arch:
This solution is in particular practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Volt through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them right now:
If you have any additional questions about the Chevrolet Volt, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Volt category.