Regardless for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out over time and therefore need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Traverse, we’ve made this content to help you do it alone and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Traverse and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Traverse is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to examine all the safety components of your Chevrolet Traverse. Indeed, you are nearly always in a hurry and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently essential to take the time to once in a while examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Traverse, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple techniques to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chevrolet Traverse, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first procedure shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our content articles to help you to achieve this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Traverse
Now let’s go to the main step of this content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Traverse? Please be aware that this task is uncomplicated, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Traverse. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to follow to be able to conduct this action efficiently dependant on the method you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Traverse through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chevrolet Traverse by the new one (be sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chevrolet Traverse on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Chevrolet Traverse following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Traverse through the wheel arch:
This tactic is specifically practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Traverse through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them now:
If you need more guides on the Chevrolet Traverse, go to our Chevrolet Traverse category.