It doesn’t matter if for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after a while and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Equinox, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do it without help and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first section, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Equinox and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Equinox is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the opportunity to examine all the security equipments of your Chevrolet Equinox. In fact, you are mostly in a rush and tend to enter into your car, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently important to take the time to in some cases examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Equinox, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple options to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible sign on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chevrolet Equinox, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our content articles to help you to carry out this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Equinox
Now let’s go to the most essential section of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Equinox? Please be aware that this procedure is really easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Equinox. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content page. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to execute this action properly according to the solution you wish to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Equinox through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chevrolet Equinox by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chevrolet Equinox on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Chevrolet Equinox following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Equinox through the wheel arch:
This approach is extremely valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Equinox through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them now:
Whenever you have any further questions about the Chevrolet Equinox, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Equinox category.