Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out with time and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re quite likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Cadillac DTS, we’ve made this content to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Cadillac DTS and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Cadillac DTS is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the opportunity to verify all the security features of your Cadillac DTS. In fact, you are in general in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently important to take the time to sometimes verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Cadillac DTS, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple methods to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Cadillac DTS, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and examine which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first methodology shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our blog posts to help you to conduct this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Cadillac DTS
Now let’s go to the most essential step of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Cadillac DTS? Take note that this procedure is quite easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Cadillac DTS. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to accomplish this action efficiently dependant on the method you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Cadillac DTS through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Cadillac DTS by the new one (ensure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Cadillac DTS on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Remove your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Cadillac DTS following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Cadillac DTS through the wheel arch:
This methodology is especially effective when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Cadillac DTS through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will explain them right now:
To get more tips on the Cadillac DTS, take a look at the Cadillac DTS category.