Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out as time passes and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re probably on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Jeep Cherokee, we’ve written and published this article content to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first section, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Cherokee and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Cherokee is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the safety equipments of your Jeep Cherokee. In fact, you are often in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is consequently important to take the time to in some cases check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Jeep Cherokee, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple options to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Jeep Cherokee, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first technique shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our blog posts to help you to carry out this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Cherokee
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Cherokee? Please note that this technique is uncomplicated, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Cherokee. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to carry out this act properly depending on the approach you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Jeep Cherokee through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Jeep Cherokee by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Jeep Cherokee on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Jeep Cherokee following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Cherokee through the wheel arch:
This procedure is especially valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Jeep Cherokee through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will detail them now:
To get more tips on the Jeep Cherokee, take a look at the Jeep Cherokee category.