Regardless whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always operational is necessary. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out over time and therefore need to be changed. You’re almost certainly on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Scion xB, we’ve made this article to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Scion xB and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Scion xB is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the safety equipments of your Scion xB. Indeed, you are most of the time in a hurry and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a consequence relevant to take the time to occasionally examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Scion xB, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple techniques to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Scion xB, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and examine which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first process shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our articles to help you to achieve this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Scion xB
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Scion xB? Please be aware that this process is really easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Scion xB. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to follow to be able to conduct this act correctly dependant on the method you desire to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Scion xB through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Scion xB by the new one (ensure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Scion xB on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Scion xB following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Scion xB through the wheel arch:
This approach is specially practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Scion xB through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them now:
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Scion xB, do not hesitate to consult our Scion xB category.