Regardless whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out after a while and consequently need to be changed. You’re almost certainly on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Cadillac ATS, we’ve created this article to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Cadillac ATS and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Cadillac ATS is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to examine all the safety features of your Cadillac ATS. In fact, you are in general in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore fundamental to take the time to once in a while examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Cadillac ATS, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple solutions to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Cadillac ATS, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first process shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our blog posts to help you to achieve this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Cadillac ATS
Now let’s go to the main step of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Cadillac ATS? Please be aware that this process is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Cadillac ATS. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the actions to follow to be able to conduct this action efficiently according to the technique you want to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Cadillac ATS through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Cadillac ATS by the new one (make sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Cadillac ATS on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Cadillac ATS following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Cadillac ATS through the wheel arch:
This solution is particularly practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Cadillac ATS through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will detail them right now:
If you need more guides on the Cadillac ATS, go to our Cadillac ATS category.