It doesn’t matter if for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out in the future and therefore need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mini Countryman, we’ve made this document to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first step, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mini Countryman and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Mini Countryman is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the safety features of your Mini Countryman. In reality, you are often times in a rush and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result fundamental to take the time to once in a while examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mini Countryman, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indicator on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mini Countryman, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first methodology shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to complete this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Mini Countryman
Now let’s go to the main step of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mini Countryman? Please note that this operation is fairly simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mini Countryman. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated document. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to carry out this act properly depending on the solution you want to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Mini Countryman through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mini Countryman by the new one (be sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mini Countryman on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Mini Countryman following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mini Countryman through the wheel arch:
This process is specifically effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mini Countryman through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will describe them now:
If you want more guides on the Mini Countryman, go to our Mini Countryman category.