Regardless whether for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out as time passes and consequently need to be changed. You’re most certainly here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your BMW 4 Series, we’ve created this content page to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first section, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your BMW 4 Series and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your BMW 4 Series is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to examine all the security features of your BMW 4 Series. In fact, you are nearly always in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a result relevant to take the time to in some cases examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your BMW 4 Series, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple solutions to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your BMW 4 Series, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and examine which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first process shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles to help you to conduct this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your BMW 4 Series
Now let’s go to the most essential section of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your BMW 4 Series? You should be aware that this procedure is quite easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your BMW 4 Series. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content page. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to follow to be able to carry out this act efficiently depending on the technique you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your BMW 4 Series through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your BMW 4 Series by the new one (make sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your BMW 4 Series on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take away your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your BMW 4 Series following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your BMW 4 Series through the wheel arch:
This approach is extremely practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your BMW 4 Series through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them now:
To discover more tips on the BMW 4 Series, take a look at the BMW 4 Series category.