Regardless for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always operational is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after a while and as a result need to be replaced. You’re most likely in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Audi A3, we’ve made this content to help you do it alone and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first section, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Audi A3 and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Audi A3 is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the security equipments of your Audi A3. In fact, you are nearly always in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is therefore important to take the time to in some cases check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Audi A3, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple ways to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Audi A3, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first procedure shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to perform this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Audi A3
Now let’s go to the most essential section of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Audi A3? Take note that this procedure is really easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Audi A3. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to follow to be able to perform this action correctly dependant on the approach you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Audi A3 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Audi A3 by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Audi A3 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Audi A3 following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Audi A3 through the wheel arch:
This solution is specially valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Audi A3 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
To discover more tips on the Audi A3, take a look at the Audi A3 category.