Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after some time and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re probably on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Acura ILX, we’ve made this article content to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Acura ILX and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Acura ILX is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to examine all the security equipments of your Acura ILX. Indeed, you are frequently in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is therefore relevant to take the time to in some cases examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Acura ILX, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple techniques to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Acura ILX, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our articles to help you to accomplish this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Acura ILX
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Acura ILX? Please note that this process is very simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Acura ILX. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to carry out this action accurately dependant on the technique you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Acura ILX through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Acura ILX by the new one (ensure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Acura ILX on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Acura ILX following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Acura ILX through the wheel arch:
This procedure is especially practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Acura ILX through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will point them right now:
If you need more guides on the Acura ILX, go to our Acura ILX category.