If you experience you can’t see as well at night, or you experience you’re lighting too low, or too high, in all these circumstances, there’s only one part of your vehicle guilty – your headlights, as well named high beams. Nevertheless this adjustment may appear easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a complete adjustment is much more complex than this elementary manipulation, and in this article, we are going to see how to adjust the headlights of your Mazda CX 7? To do this, first we will see why you need to adjust your high beams, and secondly how to adjust the headlights of your Mazda CX 7.
Why adjust the headlights of your Mazda CX 7?
So let’s start our content page with the interest of adjusting the headlights of your Mazda CX 7. For the majority of us, our headlights are adjusted sufficiently, and they seem to light up enough at nighttime. Sadly this is not always the circumstance and examining this setting, either because the headlights on your Mazda CX 7 are not bright enough, or because you have the impression that they are too weak is a wise decision .
Adjusting the high beams of your Mazda CX 7 for safety
To begin with, the headlight adjustment of a Mazda CX 7 must be carried out for a simple security motive. If it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night trips. Obviously, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to ignore an obstacle driving, or to anticipate a curve badly. On the other hand, if your headlights are too powerful, even if you are meant to switch to low beam lights when you pass a car, the time needed to make this switch will most of the time expose the driver in front of you to the headlight beam of your Mazda CX 7 . It is therefore essential for others as well as for you to have an ideal adjustment of your headlights.
Adjusting the headlights of a Mazda CX 7 for legal reasons
Furthermore to security, there is a law that supervises the power, the adjustment of car headlights (articles R313-2 of the Highway Code), here is what it suggests: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at least 100 meters. Another legislation supervises their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that there is no maximum height for the adjustment of the headlights, but that the maximum width of the beam must be very same to that of the dipped headlights and that the maximum luminosity must be 225, 000 cd.
How to adjust the headlights of a Mazda CX 7?
We will now go forward to the section that interests you the most in this article, how to adjust the headlights of his Mazda CX 7? This adjustment may appear a bit complicated, but by following the recommendations you should have the ability to perform it without too much concern.
Preparations to adjust the headlights of a Mazda CX 7
To begin with, you’ll need to prepare your vehicle to adjust your high beams in good conditions, here are the preparations to set up:
- Place your vehicle on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Check your tire pressure attentively.
- Check that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unneeded weight from the automobile, just one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The headlight adjustment of his Mazda CX 7
Once your car is in place, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Check with a level that both parts of the cross are horizontal. Then back your vehicle up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the procedure here are the steps to follow:
- Open your hood, locate the screws for horizontal and vertical control of the headlights of your Mazda CX 7 (they are usually marked, and those on top must adjust the verticality and the one on the side controls the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or different things to hide the projector on which you are not making the correction.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal correction, you should have the most intense part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line noted on the wall
- With regard to vertical correction, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once finished, check that the headlights setting of your Mazda CX 7 is coherent, do not hesitate to check it after you have driven it, in some cases it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Mazda CX 7, please browse our content page on this subject matter.
If you need more tutorials on the Mazda CX 7, go to our Mazda CX 7 category.