Vehicle mirrors are one of the most vital security features that you need to always be sure are working properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other motorists and your budget because you can be fined if you have a faulty side mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on in this article, you have endured a collision, one of your mirrors is broken and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Chrysler 200? You are at the best place, we will explain all the procedures to help you change it in the correct way. First of all, we’ll consider what attracts you on this page, how to change a complete side mirror on your Chrysler 200, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Chrysler 200?
Let’s go, we start this article with the part that almost certainly appeal you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Chrysler 200? This operation is quite simple and you should be capable to do it on your own with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to remove the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is in general clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure you unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, generally there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to allow you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Chrysler 200. Make sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Chrysler 200, you know now that it wasn’t that difficult.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Chrysler 200?
In case you just need to change the window of the side mirror of your Chrysler 200, you will first need to discern the type of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the simplest strategy is to have a look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you need to change the side mirror glass of your Chrysler 200 and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the least difficult device to remove. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to remove the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same and push it back in place with force. To verify that it is perfectly installed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Chrysler 200 you will have to find the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, replace it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the event of defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and delicately push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well installed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Chrysler 200, most of the time it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the mechanism.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is perfectly placed.
If you need more tutorials on the Chrysler 200, go to our Chrysler 200 category.