Today we are going to examine a issue that may prove to be dangerous. If you notice any handling or grip problems on your Chrysler 200 , it is important that you drive attentively and manage it fairly quickly. Our team has created this content page to help you fix them. First, we’ll fairly quickly check out the main elements that ensure good road handling, then we’ll check out why your Chrysler 200 doesn’t hold the road any more, and finally we’ll check out how to fix your grip complications.
What are the main elements that ensure great road holding and handling on a Chrysler 200?
We begin this article by fairly quickly telling you the main elements that will guarantee good road holding for your Chrysler 200. It’s important to know that a vehicle’s grip is a science in itself. It will consequently be based upon many factors, we will explain below the main ones that can be influenced:
- Shock absorbers: The main elements of your road handling, they permanently guarantee the contact between the wheels and the road. They absorb all shocks and holes on the road.
- Tyres: They are the ones that will guarantee the grip of your Chrysler 200 on the road, the softer they are, the more grip you have, but the faster they get broken, the harder they are, the less grip you have, but the more resistant they are. Temperature impacts their wear. Their size will as well play on grip, the wider they are the more contact with the ground will be important.
- The center of gravity: The higher your car is going to be, the more it will lean in the corners and consequently lose handling, that’s why low profile sports cars grip better than very high 4×4’s
- Wheel Alignment: This adjustment allows you to manage the vertical angle of your car’s wheels, it is consequently important for the grip of your motor vehicle and the wear of your tires. This adjustment is very particular and must be conducted by professionals.
There are many other elements to take into consideration such as wheelbase, ground clearance, chassis rigidity, weight and aerodynamics…
Why is my Chrysler 200 having complications with my car’s handling or grip?
We will now move on to the component that interests you the most, why my Chrysler 200 has handling complications? As we explained above, there are quite a lot of elements to take into consideration for your car to have a good grip, however there are few that can evolve with time, most of them are intrinsic to the construction of the vehicle, we will discover right away those that can disturb your handling and road, and, why:
- As we explained above, the rubber of the tyres has a fundamental function in the good road holding of your motor vehicle, if your tyres are dead, you might have complications of road holding on wet road at first and when you reach the “cord” even on dry road.
- Dead shock absorbers: If your shock absorbers are dead, your motor vehicle will no longer have the ability to absorb the irregularities of the road properly and it will tend to “float”, which will end result in a bad distribution of the masses on the car and shift the centre of gravity of the car. You risk slipping in the bends.
- The risk with a misalignment is that your ground contact area is reduced as a result of a too open or too closed wheel angle, you will have grip complications.
- A steering issue: Last but not least, the last important element for good road handling is that all the elements of your steering must be in good state. The most classic circumstance is that your stabilizer bar or the silent blocks of your steering triangles are dead. The result will be a delay in your changes of way.
How do you fix the handling complications?
We now move on to the different solutions to resolve your road holding complications on your Chrysler 200 .
- Tyres: Nothing could be simpler, just change your tyres, remember to check them attentively and change them when you get to the visual indicator in the grooves of your tyres. It is generally necessary to count between 100 and 200 euros for a pair of tires.
- Shock absorbers: Ditto, dead shock absorbers have to be changed, if you want to know when to change the shock absorbers of a Chrysler 200, please have a check out our article on this theme. The price can vary quite a lot, but you will have to count at least 400€
- Wheel alignment: You will have to go to your garage area to have it solved, it will cost you less than 100€?
- Steering: If you have complications with the handling on Chrysler 200 as a result of your steering, there may be some elements concerned, in this case you will have to make a complete check-up of these elements, the best is to call a professional.
If you have any additional questions about the Chrysler 200, do not hesitate to consult our Chrysler 200 category.