Although air conditioning in a car is one of the most chosen product features when hot, it can as well lead to some inconveniences. In truth, the air conditioning in a Nissan Micra 2 can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to enable you establish why. To do this, first we will examine the reason of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Nissan Micra 2 have a smell of humidity?
So we start our article with the origins of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Nissan Micra 2. Whether you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is often similar. In truth, air conditioning creates a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Nissan Micra 2. This humidity is the perfect base of the spreading of bacteria and fungi of all forms in the air conditioning of your Nissan Micra 2. Additionally, it is possible that smoking in your automobile, or not cleaning it regularly (food debris for example) will play a role in amplify the odors. Finally, the last common motive for a bad air conditioning smell in your Nissan Micra 2 is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will disperse in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Nissan Micra 2?
Now that you know where to look to locate the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Nissan Micra 2, because in addition to being uneasy these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore crucial to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now make a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Nissan Micra 2:
- Even though it may seem to be obvious, the dirt that amasses in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Nissan Micra 2 commonly will allow you to eradicate many of the origins of these.
- The best solution is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Nissan Micra 2 with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To do this, please have a look at our article which points out in detail the process to stick to.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Nissan Micra 2: This filter which intends to prevent impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure you examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Nissan Micra 2
Finally, last part of our article on air conditioning smells on Nissan Micra 2, we are now going to give you some recommendations to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Nissan Micra 2:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In truth, constantly accomplish this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but garbage is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To ensure that the air conditioning of your Nissan Micra 2 is always in good working order (air conditioning compressor in particular), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is important, in truth, the liquid is toxic and moreover the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
To discover more tips on the Nissan Micra 2, take a look at the Nissan Micra 2 category.