Paying attention to your vehicle is vital in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the theme we are going to talk about on this webpage, one of the signs that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Toyota 86. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Toyota 86?.
What does the ABS light on Toyota 86 indicate?
We will begin our paper with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Toyota 86, to do this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Toyota 86?
To begin with, it is essential to explain to you what the ABS of your Toyota 86 is used for so that you can understand the remaining of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Toyota 86 is made up of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Toyota 86
The fact is, you can with ease come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Toyota 86
Now we move on to the part that you are almost certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Toyota 86? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Toyota 86 can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Toyota 86 to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Toyota 86: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will inevitably come on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Toyota 86?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Toyota 86?. The answers will be contingent on the failures you are going through. First of all, pass your Toyota 86 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Toyota 86, don’t think twice to go through our content page which points out the steps to take. Once you have located the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Toyota 86:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve noticed an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Toyota 86, take a look at the Toyota 86 category.