Watching your vehicle is vital in these days, indeed, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signs of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the subject we are gonna talk about today, one of the indicators that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Mazda CX 3. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Mazda CX 3?.
What does the ABS light on Mazda CX 3 signify?
We will begin our article with the definition of an ABS warning light on Mazda CX 3, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Mazda CX 3?
To begin with, it is fundamental to describe to you what the ABS of your Mazda CX 3 is intended for so that you can understand the rest of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Mazda CX 3 is made up of different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Mazda CX 3
In truth, you can quite easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Mazda CX 3
Now we move on to the section that you are most likely more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Mazda CX 3? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be informed that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Mazda CX 3 can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Mazda CX 3 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Mazda CX 3: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Mazda CX 3?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Mazda CX 3?. The solutions will might depend on the failures you are having. Firstly, pass your Mazda CX 3 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Mazda CX 3, don’t think twice to examine our content which points out the steps to take. Once you have determined the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Mazda CX 3:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve spotted an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Mazda CX 3, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda CX 3 category.