Paying attention to your car is important in these days, in fact, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the subject we are going to discuss in this article, one of the symptoms that most perturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Mini Countryman. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Mini Countryman?.
What does the ABS light on Mini Countryman mean?
We will begin our content page with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Mini Countryman, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Mini Countryman?
To begin with, it is vital to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Mini Countryman is utilized for so that you can understand the rest of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Mini Countryman is consisting of different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Mini Countryman
In fact, you can with ease experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Mini Countryman
Now we proceed to the part that you are likely more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Mini Countryman? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it shows that your ABS system is faulty. You should be informed that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Mini Countryman can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Mini Countryman to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Mini Countryman: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will inevitably turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Mini Countryman?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Mini Countryman?. The solutions will could depend on the deficiencies you are going through. First of all, pass your Mini Countryman to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Mini Countryman, don’t think twice to read our guideline which details the steps to take. Once you have discovered the origin of your issue, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Mini Countryman:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve detected an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To get more tips on the Mini Countryman, take a look at the Mini Countryman category.