Paying attention to your car is very important in these modern times, in reality, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the subject we are gonna talk about today, one of the symptoms that most perturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Lincoln MKC. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Lincoln MKC?.
What does the ABS light on Lincoln MKC indicate?
We will begin our article with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Lincoln MKC, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Lincoln MKC?
To start with, it is necessary to describe to you what the ABS of your Lincoln MKC is intended for so that you can understand the rest of this article content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Lincoln MKC is made from different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Lincoln MKC
The fact is, you can simply feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Lincoln MKC
Now we proceed to the section that you are almost certainly more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Lincoln MKC? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is defective. You should be knowledgeable that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Lincoln MKC can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Lincoln MKC to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Lincoln MKC: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Lincoln MKC?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Lincoln MKC?. The solutions will might depend on the failure you are enduring. First of all, pass your Lincoln MKC to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Lincoln MKC, don’t hesitate to read our article content which details the steps to take. Once you have determined the source of your issue, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Lincoln MKC:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve detected an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Lincoln MKC, do not hesitate to consult our Lincoln MKC category.